New Year’s Eve Wedding Receptions
Wedding receptions are events that can take place virtually any time of the year….but, what about during holiday weekends? Is that ok? Absolutely! Some of the most memorable / exceptional wedding receptions are hosted over a holiday time frame. One of the most popular choices is to go with a New Year’s Eve wedding reception. There are endless aspects of the wedding reception that can be coordinated with a New Year’s Eve theme that will be sure to impress your guests! Typical New Year’s colors would be that of black and silver / gold, however you definitely do not have to limit yourself to this color palate. Although, if this color scheme was desired and selected one might take it a step further (as these colors are very sophisticated and elegant) and have the event be very formal as a “black tie event”. It is always great to give your guests the opportunity to “dress to the max” and have a magical evening, celebrating the start of your new life together as husband and wife…..along with the celebration of a new year! More ideas for the décor / format of the event that would definitely translate a lovely New Year’s theme are:
1) A large clock projected up on the wall so your guests can be involved / aware of the countdown as it nears
2) A projection of the TV coverage with the ball dropping
3) Have little bells at each place setting with the couple’s name on them and a little note that says something cute like “help Mr. & Mrs. ring in the New Year”
4) A balloon net above the dance floor for a fabulous “balloon drop” at the stroke of midnight
5) Late night New Year Snacks / appetizers
6) Start the wedding reception a bit later, so your guests can all make it to help ring in the New Year
7) Personalized Champagne Splits at each place setting (as a favor for the guests so they can toast at midnight)
8) Coffee station or signature drinks with Red Bull or other energy drink as a mixer…..to help keep your guests going until midnight!
9) Photo booth with NY Part Hats / noisemakers and other fun props
10) Hire a DJ that will work the crowd and keep them abreast of the countdown as it nears
These and other endless aspects can captivate your guests, and create an unforgettable evening for your wedding reception…..as well as the start to a new year together as husband and wife! Please give me a call today at the Sioux Falls Convention Center, and it would be my pleasure to help you achieve this goal.
– Jill Hericks | Sales Manager | 605-367-4156 | Sioux Falls Convention Center