Big Decisions in Wedding Planning
When a couple becomes engaged, they are hit with the daunting task of putting together a plan of action. Wedding plans characteristically begin with the two biggest decisions, after the wedding date is selected. Where are we (the couple) going to get married? And, where will we host our wedding reception? The ceremony site and reception site are key to determine right away, as availability for the dates that you prefer can often be a hurdle, and most of the other planning depends on the sites selected. The wedding reception itself is frequently a part of the planning that is very important to the couple, as it is the exclamation point at the end of the day. It is a chance for the couple to celebrate their big day with their family and friends, and it is also a big investment financially. With all of these thoughts / facts in consideration, it is obvious that a lot of work is put into selecting the suitable wedding reception venue. What if you have no clue as to where to start? How do you know you are considering venues that are reputable? Think about what is most important to you as a couple:
1) What are you trying to achieve / what is your goal of the wedding reception, will the venue be able to accommodate this?
2) Does location matter to you? (Ask yourself: do we have guests coming in from out of town that will have a hard time finding the site? Is there sufficient parking available?)
3) What kind of reputation does the venue have? Ask friends/family if they have ever hosted an event, or attended an event at this venue. Ask the venue for testimonial letters or proof of service levels and or quality food etc. (i.e. customer service scores / data)
4) Is the venue flexible? Are they willing to make things work for your event if you want to do things a little differently than a typical wedding?
5) Do you feel like you are important to the venue, from the initial point of contact? I believe it is always important to feel valued when I am a customer myself, especially when making a significant purchase.
6) What types of contractual agreement and or deposits are required to secure the venue space?
7) Is the venue full service? What do they provide in regards to setup / tear-down / food and beverage services / decorating, etc?
8) Will we have an opportunity to taste the food before we make our selections?
9) Does the venue have a full liquor license?
10) What time frame will we have access to the space?
Here at the Sioux Falls Convention Center, we are very experienced with hosting wedding receptions and would be thrilled to have the opportunity to host you for your big day! We understand the special needs associated with wedding receptions and are always happy to meet with you to discuss in detail how we can make your wedding reception dreams a reality! Check out some of the testimonials from our past wedding receptions on our website by visiting here.
– Jill Hericks | Sales Manager | 605-367-4156 | Sioux Falls Convention Center
(Sioux Falls Convention Center and Sioux Empire Wedding Showcase will Feature a Bridal Show on October 21st, 2012.)